Rise of Venice is a RTS game in which you will incarnate a young man that wants to become wealthier. This game is set during the Renaissance, and tries to include all the necessary elements to make you feel that way through the variety of ships and the technology of the era. In this way, there are no much fictitious elements or estrange items, there are just the correct setting for that age.
The game’s strong point is the management of your wealth. You will need to fight against pirates in the sea, survive betrayals and overcome your enemies in order to not fall to them. If you don’t want to fall, you will need the correct investments at the correct time, to make your money grow and to avoid potential threats. The player must be secure with the commerce, so it is necessary to protect the ships with powerful units. There are many aspects that may require your attention, so stay alert to all the important things that surround you and avoid getting in troubles, there are some dangerous people.
Once you download and start the game, you can play the campaign mode. This mode serves as a tutorial for the player since it explains step by step the basics of the game. It can be a little tedious because some of the missions just send you to do useless tasks. However, those tasks will help you understand how the game works. In addition, you can think that Rise of Venice is a bit slow at first, but once you get into the game, you will progress quickly.
Your story will begin in the search of power, success and wealth. You will count with the support of your family to build up an empire of trading in several cities such as Rome, Constantinople or Alexandria. Little by little, you will progress within the ranks of the city of Venice; you will have to develop your strategy in order to increase your influence in the society. Carry out intelligent trading moves to get the favor of the wealthy. Once you become more powerful, you are free to grow your empire, you can build up new facilities, etc. Besides, you also will be able to carry out sea battles, fighting pirates, political enemies, and some more opponents to become the Doge of the city of Venice.
Rise of Venice Full Version Features
The main and more outstanding features of Rise of Venice are listed below:
- Campaign mode as tutorial for players
- Multiplayer mode with which you can play with up to 4 players, either online or via LAN
- Most important cities of the Renaissance are created in the game (Alexandria, Athens, Rome, Constantinople, etc.)
- Create your own family tree: you can interact with your family, even send the members to different missions
- Possibility of interacting with other powerful families to create your strategy, even with the Government
- Possibility of building up your own trading empire, your facilities, etc.
- Sea battles available
If you want to know more about Rise of Venice before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s website
Here you can find the minimum system requirements needed to correctly download and play this strategy game:
- Operating System: Windows Vista 7 or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
- RAM Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphic Card: 512 MB compatible with DirectX 10
- Sound Card compatible with DirectX
- Hard Drive Space: 3 GB free available space